Cucumber has numerous skin benefits. Let’s have a look at some of them:
- Skin Conditioner : Cucumber as an ingredient is rich in Phytosterols, amino acids, nutrients like minerals, Vitamin A & C that are natural skin conditioners and collagen builders that help to retain skin moisture and condition skin naturally.
- Natural Emollient & Coolant: Cucumber naturally soothes and calms skin.
- Natural Skin Cleanser & Astringent: It also balances skin oils that tighten pores and tone your skin.
- Skin Softener: Keeps skin soft. Soothes and heals damaged skin.
- Reduces Sunburn: Antioxidants present in cucumber reduce sun burn and tanning effect.
- Skin Lightening: Cucumber works as a natural bleach to lighten and brighten the skin.
- Fight Inflammation: Cucumbers may help to “cool” the inflammatory response in your body.
- Antioxidant Properties: Cucumbers contain numerous antioxidants, including the well-known vitamin C and beta-carotene. They also contain antioxidant flavonoids which provide additional benefit.
- Manage Stress: Cucumbers contain multiple B vitamins, including vitamin B1, vitamin B5, and vitamin B7 (biotin). B vitamins are known to help ease feelings of anxiety and buffer some of the damaging effects of stress.